The Olympians is three years old! Thank you all for your support!
I was happy to attend the Olympics for the first time at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics. And what an amazing time I had. I felt like a newspaper reporter again, and generated close to 30 articles while I was there from February 8 to 18. I hope you like these select articles from 2018.
- The PyeongChang Games are Over and There is Only One Conclusion: It’s All About the Athletes
- Opening Ceremony Part 1: The Majesty and Intrigue of the March of Nations at the PyeongChang Winter Olympics
- Opening Ceremony Part 2: The Spectator Experience
- Russian Fans Out in Force for OAR (aka Team Russia)
- USA House at the PyeongChang Olympics: Home Away from Home for Americans
North and South Korean leaders are talking. The momentum today is in part due to the opportunity the PyeongChang Olympics presented to the Koreans. Fingers are crossed for future talks of peace.
- Demonstrations in PyeongChang: Started Like “West Side Story” But Finished Like “Waiting for Godot”
- One Flag, One Korea, One More Time
- One Nation, One Team, One Goal….Just One Goal…That’s All Team Korea Wants
- The Friendship of Speed Skaters Lee Sang-hwa and Nao Kodaira: Did More for South Korean-Japan Relations in 20 Minutes Than Politicians Have Done in the Past 20 Years
And of course, it’s all about the athletes.
- The Otherworldly Hanyu Wins Gold
- American Jamie Anderson Wins Women’s Slope Style Gold: The Winds of Controversy Have Yet to Blow Over
- First Asian to Win Skeleton Gold: Iron Man Yun Sung-Bin Flies Under the Radar Then Soars to Gold!
- Chloe Kim Dominates in Ladies Halfpipe Qualifier: Gold Awaits
- Reversal of Fortune for Star Short Track Speed Skater Choi Min-jeong: Her Loss is Canada’s Gain
- Savchenko and Massot: Skating the Long Program of Their Lives to Take Gold
- How Ester Ledecká Pulled off the Miracle on Snow
- Do You Believe in Miracles? Nyet!!!: Russia Ends Germany’s Fairy Tale Run to Win Ice Hockey Gold!