I have always wanted to attend the Olympic Games. Now that I live in Tokyo, that opportunity can happen – in 2021. Interested in reading about the 1964 Summer Games, also held in Tokyo, I looked for books on the topic – and discovered that there was nothing written on these Games in English. My intent is to change that.
I am a writer and consultant from New York with over two decades of experience in Asia, fascinated by the socio-economic and political change that has transformed this region, and through its growth, significantly impacted the global economy .
When Tokyo2020 rolls around, what will Asia be like and what will Japan’s role in Asia be? And who will triumph? Who will fall short? Who will thrill us? And what will inspire us to go faster, stronger, higher in our own lives…
- Roy Tomizawa Linkedin Profile
- Link to book (English)
- Link to book (日本語版)
- NHK World video about me and book (July 2019): Tokyo2020 One Year to Go
- Article by Singapore National Olympic Committee about me and book
- Instagram: You can see many of the Olympians I interviewed and/or wrote about.
- Link to wholesale order information for Japanese version: 1964」チラシ
© Roy Tomizawa and The Olympians from 2015 onwards. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Roy Tomizawa and The Olympians with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.