Headed to Rio for the 2016 Olympic Games? Here’s a post from Cozysweatercafe entitled “The insider’s guide to Rio baby!” The blogger interviews Sulvain Leclerc, a program manager in Sports Relations for the Canadian Olympic Committee. Leclerc had lived in Rio de Janeiro for a few months in 2013. Here are his recommendations for the less-obvious places to go, and things to do in Rio.
- Climb all the way to the top of Dos Irmãos for the best point of view of Rio
2. Take the Santa Teresa bonde and explore this hood, its nature, its architecture and its street art
3. Go to Niteroi and go to the Museo Contempora
4. Go to Pedra Bonita for amazing views of Barra da Tijuca
5. Go to Urca at Bar Urca and drink beers on the sidewalk and eat a Moqueca in the restaurant
6. Go to a Juice Bar and drink any real juice (Suco)… and try them all: mango, abacaxi, marajuca, etc!
7. Go out in Lapa on a Friday night, this huge sea of people partying outside is spectacular. On the sidewalk, there’s music, food, alcohol. The party is outside and inside in the bars…