I still have chills thinking about my first Olympics – and it wasn’t just because of the minus-ten degree weather. I stood meters away from North Koreans. I met Olympic legends. I witnessed feats of athleticism and artistry amidst crowds of amazed spectators. I felt like a newspaper reporter again, writing over 30 articles in my 8 days in PyeongChang. Here are some of my favorites:
- The PyeongChang Games are Over and There is Only One Conclusion: It’s All About the Athletes
- Demonstrations in PyeongChang: Started Like “West Side Story” But Finished Like “Waiting for Godot”
- Savchenko and Massot: Skating the Long Program of Their Lives to Take Gold
- How Ester Ledecká Pulled off the Miracle on Snow
- USA House at the PyeongChang Olympics: Home Away from Home for Americans
- One Nation, One Team, One Goal….Just One Goal…That’s All Team Korea Wants
Meters from North Koreans on Opening Day.
- The Friendship of Speed Skaters Lee Sang-hwa and Nao Kodaira: Did More for South Korean-Japan Relations in 20 Minutes Than Politicians Have Done in the Past 20 Years
- The Otherworldly Hanyu Wins Gold
- Reversal of Fortune for Star Short Track Speed Skater Choi Min-jeong: Her Loss is Canada’s Gain
- Do You Believe in Miracles? Nyet!!!: Russia Ends Germany’s Fairy Tale Run to Win Ice Hockey Gold!
- Russian Fans Out in Force for OAR (aka Team Russia)
USA vs Slovakia, USA goaltender Ryan Zapolski
You must be logged in to post a comment.