2019 was a milestone year for me, publishing my book:1964 The Greatest Year in the History of Japan – How the Tokyo Olympics Symbolized Japan’s Miraculous Rise from the Ashes. Here are a few of my favorite articles about 1964.
- Reiko and Theo: A Tale of the 1964 Tokyo Olympics and The Youth of Japan Re-Energized
- Wyomia Tyus First Ever Back-to-Back 100-meter Olympic Sprinting Champion Part 1: Fastest Woman in the World at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics
- The End of the Heisei Era: The Emperor and Empress’ Powerful Connection to Sport and the Paralympics
- To Defect or Not to Defect—That Was the Question for Hungarian Canoeist Andras Toro at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics
- Not All Olympic Champions Receive a Medal
- Two Seminal Songs of the 1964 Tokyo Olympics: “Konnichi wa Akachan,” and “Ue o Muite, Arukou”
- Seiko—Seizing the Moment, Making a Difference as Official Timer at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics
- Japan Falls in Love with the Brave Blossoms: Shades of the Women’s Volleyball Team at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics
You must be logged in to post a comment.